Please note that this form is only for physics and astronomy classes taken outside of the California Community College system. For classes taken at a California Community College, please use assist.org to determine if it's equivalent to a class at UC Davis.
Review the requested information below carefully and submit all information for a class at one time for timely evaluation of your transfer units.
Steps to submitting Request for Course Equivalency Evaluation:
- Check the Physics and Astronomy Department's Equivalency List to see if your course has already been reviewed:
UC Davis Physics and Astronomy Equivalency List
- If your class was determined to be equivalent within the last 5 years, then do you do NOT need to complete the rest of this form!
- If you don't see your class in the database, or if it's been more than 5 years since it was last evaluated, continue on to Step 2.
- Look at the syllabi on the UC Davis Physics & Astronomy website to determine which UC Davis class you believe to be equivalent to the class you took elsewhere:
UC Davis Physics and Astronomy Syllabi
- Submit the information below for each course. Please note that you must provide complete supporting documentation. Insufficient documentation will result in a rejected equivalency.
If you need to request evaluation of multiple physics and astronomy classes, you must complete one equivalency request per class.
Please click here to open Course Equivalency Request Form (Form will open in a new page requiring CAS authentication)