One Shields Avenue
Davis, CA 95616
Office: 378 Physics Building
Phone: +1 (530) 752-1783
Fax: +1 (530) 752-4717
Personal Website: http://pellett.physics.ucdavis.edu
Experimental high energy particle physics, inclusive reactions, particle detectors, electronics; computer hardware & software.
- Ph.D., University of Michigan, 1966
- Research Associate, University of Michigan, 1966-1967
- Assistant Professor, University of California, Davis, 1967-1974
- Associate Professor, University of California, Davis, 1974-1981
- Professor, University of California, Davis, 1981-Present
- 2013 European Physical Society High Energy and Particle Physics Prize, for an outstanding contribution to High Energy Physics, awarded to the ATLAS and CMS collaborations, “for the discovery of a Higgs boson, as predicted by the Brout-Englert-Higgs mechanism”.
- 2019 High Energy and Particle Physics Prize of the EPS for an outstanding contribution to High Energy Physics, awarded to the CDF and D0 Collaborations, for the discovery of the top quark and the detailed measurement of its properties.