(1) Neatly organized calculations and notes on the back of the HW
page are taken into consideration in grading; points may be awarded for
correctly setting up the calculations (waivng partly the following point-off
policy), even if the written solution in the front has mistakes.
(2) Correct results with no show of work on the back page (or attached
paper marked with name) are worth only 50% of the points of the exercise.
(3) Off by order of magnitude: no points.
(4) Wrong units: no points. [Always show the basic MKS [meter-kilogram
(or gram)-second] units. You can use prefix like, k, G, T, but make sure
to define them on the side. You do not earn more points by showing both the
unit in MKS and in the derived names, like J, Hz. If you use only the derived
names of units, define them in MKS on the side.]
(5) Order of magnitude is correct, but the first significant figure
is wrong: half the points off.
(6) Order of magnitude correct, first significant figure correct,
but second significant figure is wrong: 75% of total points.
(7) No points for choosing more than one in the multiplie-choice
(1) Outstanding work in HWs, Quizzes, or the Final.
(2) Performing satisfactory work for bonus-point projects.
(3) Pointing out typos or errors.
(4) Making thoughtful comments or constructive suggestions (on all
aspects of the course) that benefit the class.